Language Translation Funding
Application Deadline: July 12, 2022
Award Announcement no later than: August 1, 2022
Award Amount: Minimum $2,500, Maximum $5,000
Questions Due: June 27, 2022
Answers Posted: June 30, 2022
The New York State Developmental Disabilities Planning Council (DDPC) is seeking grant applications that support the translation of existing documents or materials related to the DDPC approved State Plan into other languages.
The specific objective of the funding is solely to assist organizations with translating documents and materials intended to inform, benefit, or serve as resources to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) their families and caregivers, thereby increasing their access to key information, resources, and materials which will increase their ability to affect public policy. This funding support is intended to strengthen the partnership between individuals with IDD and their families and the state and federal service delivery systems.
Alignment with DDPC Mission & Values:
The document or materials must align with the DDPC’s mission to promote people with IDD living independently, participating fully in the community, and being able to advocate for themselves. Any document or material that does not promote the DDPC’s mission or values will not be considered for funding.
Funds can support the following activities:
- Language translation costs.
- Staff time used to make sure documents or materials are in plain language before sending for translation.
- Staff time used to coordinate translation services or disseminate translated materials.
- Printing or mailing costs associated with disseminating translated materials.
- Other activities associated with translation that will make the document or materials more accessible to people with IDD and their families.
Funds cannot support the following: This grant cannot support the translation of documents that an organization is required to translate by law or Executive Order (for example: NYS Language Access Executive Order (EO) 26.1, https://www.ny.gov/language-access-policy).
- Nonprofit organizations (note: the lead applicant cannot be a for-profit organization; however, for-profit organizations may serve as subcontractors to the lead applicant)
- Public or private institutions, such as universities, colleges, or hospitals
- Disability-service organizations
- Community-based organizations
- Tribal organizations
- Consortia, groups, or partnerships among organizations
Please note: We do not accept applications directly from individuals, only eligible nonprofit organizations can apply for this opportunity.
All applicants must be a registered Vendor in the NYS Statewide Financial System (SFS).
All applications must be submitted by the Application Deadline through SurveyMonkey Apply. Below is the link to apply:
Designated Agency Contact: If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact the DDPC’s Designated Agency Contact for this funding announcement.
Diversity & Inclusion Program Specialist
Email: [email protected]
For more information, please read Full Grant Description
(PDF document at bottom of this posting)