The DDPC Awards Funds to Support Advocacy Initiatives for People with Developmental Disabilities and Their Families
The DDPC is pleased to announce that on December 30, 2022, approximately $100,000 was awarded to support new and budding advocacy initiatives in New York State. These funds will be used to strengthen the capacity of both new and existing advocacy organizations run and led by people with developmental disabilities and their families, as well as support non-profit organizations to enhance advocacy opportunities.
The ten (10) recipients of this small grant opportunity were:
- The Inspired Community Project, Inc.
- Tourette Association of America
- Parent-Child Relationship Association, Inc.
- Spina Bifida Association of New York State
- United Cerebral Palsy Association of NYS, Inc., d/b/a Constructive Partnerships Unlimited
- Eden II Programs
- NYU College of Dentistry Oral Health Center for People with Disabilities
- Wildwood Programs, Inc.
- Autism Society Habilitation Organization, Inc. (ASHO)
- Self-Advocacy Association of NYS (SANYS)
Each organization will receive approximately $10,000 to support advocacy efforts. The DDPC is looking forward to these partnerships to strengthen advocacy across New York State.